BoybandPh Album Review

I am currently hooked with the hottest boyband of the country. I am a certified bandmate, as what they call their fans. So these are the lads who won in the Pinoy Boyband Superstar late last year and all I can say is that they are amazing!!!  I bought a copy of their first album during their 2nd album launch in Venice McKinley.  The last album I bought I think was Eraserhead's Greatest Hits. Oohh. Tagal na. But let us see if this one is worth it.



The album is titled BoybandPh. It has 6 tracks. And guess what, I'm impressed. I am a fan of boybands like BSB,  BZ, Nsync so hearing their songs kind of gave me a real boyband feel.  Their music is pop of course and they also have ballads. And yes, I got a signed copy which was being sold during the album launch together with a string bag, bagtag and a T-shirt.

1st  - Unli - This is their first official single although they sang We Made It right after they won in the reality show.  This is also their first music video. For me, this is an okay song. Hindi naman ganoon ka lakas ang dating, hindi rin naman masasabing pangit. Some people say this song is like a novelty song. I don't know if there is some kind of strategy of why this was their first single. Anyway,  this topped the Myx countdown and at the MOR radio station.

2nd - Somebody  -  A revival from Depeche Mode. The original song is very mellow and slow. It was a sad song for me which I am not a fan of. But with their version,  wow is my word. They gave a different flavor for the song, kudos to the one who arranged it.  The voices of each member can be heard all throughout. Second voices,  high notes, are amazingly executed. Pwede irelease internationally.😉

3rd - Boyfriend  -  This one is an upbeat track. Pop na pop ang dating,  pang boyband talaga. I like the dance steps din na reminds of those boyband days nung late 90's.  It gives me the LSS. My fave part is "heart emojis on the phone, you'll never be alone, I just want to ask baby can I be your boyfriend. "

4th - Magmamahal - This one is a slow song. The first time I heard this parang ang lungkot. I don't like sad songs kasi but overtime, I appreciated this track. Maganda din naman pala. The message is there. They have high notes din. Ford's voice here is really noticeable. Hindi na rin sya ganun kalungkot and it just a pop ballad. I imagine this song na kinakanta sa akin ng mga boys. 😍

5th - We Made It - This is the first song they sang after winning and this gives the group their label as a pop group. Hands down to the one who composed this. I personally like it. It is an inspiring song about never giving up on dreams and finally made it. Swak na swak sa kanila with their journey during PBS days.

6th - Boyfriend (acoustic)  -  This is obviously the mellow version of the upbeat Boyfriend. This is the track that I put on repeat sometimes. Madalas pala. Maganda. I can no longer find the words. I love it. If I know how to play guitar, I could have made my own version. A serious song for me from a guy who wants a girl so bad. Aww, sana ako yun. Imagining again.



This album impresses me. More than what I expected because of the first single Unli. I assure you that the rest of the songs are way better than that. 5 stars for me. Kudos to the guys, the composers, arrangers, Star Music.  You can follow Star Music for more info. The album is now available on record bars, ITunes and Spotify.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Yourself Era

My first BTS Festa